In March 2011, the Advisory Council for Aviation Research and Innovation in Europe (ACARE) released an updated European Vision: “Flightpath 2050” for aviation; the goals expressed in this Vision are relative to:
- Meeting societal & market needs,
- Maintaining and extending industrial leadership,
- Protecting the environment and the energy supply,
- Ensuring safety and security,
- Prioritizing research, testing capabilities & education.
Associated with this vision, ACARE has elaborated a Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA) providing the strategic roadmaps for aviation research, development and innovation.
ICARe CSA will deliver recommendations to the European Commission for future International Cooperation in civil Aviation Research and Innovation, contributing to the achievement of the objectives of the SRIA.